The most basic tips to ensure that you have a good experience during your photography session include getting enough sleep and staying hydrated.
You can do more though to really enjoy your experience without worrying about aspects beyond your control.
You should take the following tips into consideration to get the most out of your time with our photographers.
Organize Your Clothes the Night Before
- Have what you intend to wear laid out the night before.
- Ensure that each piece is clean and ironed.
- Be sure to pick off any stray pieces of lint, hair, and pet fur. Not only will your image look better with a wrinkle-free shirt, but you won’t have to stress the morning of about what you should wear
- When choosing what to wear, you should wear clothing that won’t detract from the star of the photo: your face.
- You want to avoid clothes with labels on them, loud colors, and busy prints.
Make Sure to Eat the Day of the Shoot
- You don’t want to arrive at your photo shoot with an empty stomach.
- Eating before your appointment not only will give you more energy, it will make you look better and more focused on each photo.
- Eat breakfast beforehand, or bring small snacks that won’t stain your teeth, lips, or tongue or dirty your clothes.
Do Not Put on too Much Makeup
- You have two options for getting your makeup just right: do it yourself or hire a makeup artist. You don’t want to go too overboard (unless your photoshoot has a specific theme). Try to achieve a natural makeup look that evens the skin tone.
Keep an Eye Out on Your Grooming
- A small feature that many people don’t think of is their fingers and toes (if they’re exposed). You want to make sure they’re cleaned and groomed. While it is suggested that your nails be a natural color, it’s your photo session. Go with what you’re comfortable with.
- Men who are getting their photo taken should trim their facial hair or simply groom it. In photographs, patches in beards can be more noticeable. If it’s something you’re self-conscious about then shave the beard.
- Get any facials or haircuts done about a week before the scheduled shoot.
- Come with your hair already done and bring a comb or brush to keep it looking fresh throughout the session.
- You want to also make sure that your eyebrows are groomed, teeth are clean, and lips are moisturized.
- If you know you have dry lips, feel free to bring a lip balm with you.
- Have fun! You’ve booked a photoshoot to make preserve memories that you’re experiencing in the moment. You want to be relaxed even for professional headshots. Companies that are looking at your headshot are looking to hire you, not a robot that can pose well. The best photos come in moments when you’re being yourself.